Sunday, August 1, 2010

Congratulations!

Mooser,

This is coming a bit late, but congratulations on your engagement! I'm so happy for you! I've started compiling projects and inspirations for your wedding. Mom and I have decided to make you a lace shawl, plus some for the bridesmaids. As per usual, we decided to do this without any prior experience or research into knitting lace!

Here are my findings:

Knitting lace is infuriating! In my research I've found that there is so much variations in lace weight and material that substituting lace yarn into a pattern is nearly impossible. The yarn I bought to practice with is so light and fine, and so hard to knit with! I bought another ball that is a thicker yarn, and I think I will try to practice with that first.

Good thing the wedding isn't for another year! We will need every second.

Love,
Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment