Friday, March 5, 2010

'Evening Beans,

I love the new fabric! I know what you mean about not wanting to cut into the kitty fabric. I immediately thought of a few patterns I've seen that feature prints or sections of them. Most are adaptations of the log cabin block, or just given wonky frames for a modern look.

This one gives the butterflies a central role, and in this one, some super-cute owls are pieced right into the strips of the block. I agree about the need for coordinating solids - those patterns are beautiful but probably need to be paired with something that gives your eyes a rest.
Now...a pattern for the other fabrics... maybe just square patches? Simple, but pleasing, I think. So many possibilities.

You don't know how excited I am that you're joining the dark side of sewing and fabric addiction.

Love you!
Mooser




No comments:

Post a Comment