Sunday, August 23, 2009

About the House

Hey Mooser,

Another post! I finally feel like I can breathe again, and just in time for school.

There is much going on at the house. I am very excited to report that my "space" is almost finished; the only thing left is the closet, which is being framed.

I wanted to share some "before" pictures. It seems that I can only upload so many at a time.
As you know, the house was once used as a religious school. I met a woman at work that said she used to teach there, though couldn't remember the names of the classrooms. I believe my "space" is in St. Paul's classroom, though it could be St. Peter's. There is also a mystery classroom and I was told that I might be able to find answers at Notre Dam.


This is the room I finally decided on for my space. Its rival, now know as "the bee room" for its infestation, would make an excellent home theater, though this may be too expensive a project for our budget. I'm planning on dividing the space with a curtain. We have the rod in place across the ceiling and I have the curtains picked out. We'll see how it goes.


The light fixtures will definitely be replaced though sadly the ceiling will not. You can't tell from these photos but it is in pretty poor shape. Nothing a bit of paint won't fix, though. The squares outlined at right will eventually be painted with accent colors, as below. I'm still deciding whether or not I like them. I also havequite a few tall book shelves that will make some of the squares pointless. I was hoping that they would break up the color in such a large room.
There will be framed art or pictures in them.



We also have the downstairs bathroom complete. Before it was covered in butterflies, a sun and cloud motif as well as some V birds.
This bathroom is very hard to photograph because of the awkward shape and positioning of the door. After fixing the toilet, re-caulking and cleaning the shower, replacing the vanity, painting and putting down the floor (which is the faux-tile vinyl similar to what you have in your kitchen), I can say with finality that I am satisfied with the result.


























Will post more as things happen. I know I should be spending my free time painting/renovating or knitting the blanket, but I read a Terry Pratchett book this weekend and it felt really good.
I hear you start classes tomorrow, so good luck! I know every one's been trying to psych you out, but I know you can do it. If you aren't feeling overwhelmed I may hit you up for some Human A&P help.

Love,
Beans

1 comment:

  1. I think that is exactly my floor!! Great looking bathroom!

    ReplyDelete