Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Earring Display and Placemat!

Hey Beans!

I'm excited to check out the house. You should send me a few pictures that you're using for inspiration for your color scheme! A new room to decorate will be fun stuff! I wish I could paint my walls... I hope you get to put some pictures up of your blanket soon; you're being too modest about your skills. You should tackle those ambitious projects you want to start!! Who cares how many unfinished ones you have... that's how this whole thing works I think! :) Plus, I need some pillows! ;)

A couple nights ago, John helped me with an earring display project! It was Mom's idea, and I'm excited because now I can have space to hang my necklaces, and I can open the door to get my studs out of the display. Woo! Before I had to take my display off the wall to do that. Before:And after!!
Also, I found a cool wall-hanging project that I want to use above the couch. I just have to decide on colors!! I love the Deja-Brew collection, too! But John keeps making fun of me for too much green and blue in the house. I might have to branch out, but I don't know if I should branch out with cool pastels, or brighter tones.... Decisions decisions!

And, before I sign out, I thought I'd share an unfinished project to inspire you. A placemat. Wow. I found this pattern in ... big surprise... an American Patchwork and Quilting magazine... and was inspired. So, I went to JoAnn's and accidentally bought enough fabric for.... 2 placemats instead of 4. And then... I had time to put together 1 out of the 2. And then... I've only appliqued 1/2 of the 1 placemat. Not looking good so far. I tried the blanket-stitch to add some embroidery embellishment to the applique, but I guess embroidery looks best when you use...ermm... embroidery thread. Haha! Here're some pics. Well, that's all for now. Can't wait to see you this weekend! Happy knitting.
Love,
Mooser

No comments:

Post a Comment