Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Few Things..

First I wanted to say something about the title of our blog and the URL. We decided on Pins and Needles for our blog, but when it came time to choose a URL, pinsandneedles plus a few other variations were already in use. I typed in quiltsandqualms for a lack of anything better, then did a Google search and found a lovely craft blog called On Pins and Needles. The reason we were so set on using "Pins and Needles" was because of two things: my sister's status as a med student, and the fact that I deal mainly with needles and my sister with pins (and also needles). Quilts and Qualms is also appropriate, though, and I would be happy with using that as our title should we need an alternative. Mooser is our quilter and, while she might not have a current project, has quite a few incredible quilts to show for herself. I, on the other hand, am often too ambitious when it comes to picking my projects and often end up just complaining about the difficulties instead of resolving them, then move on to something else or run after a shiny thing. So! Whichever.

Now on to more interesting things.

I am currently working on a SUPER (no longer quite SECRET) knitting project for a friend and his wife. I missed their anniversary, the 26th, when I could have sworn that it was the 29th (which I've also missed). The current hold up is that I don't like the yarn I bought to finish the project after I ran out of my main color. I was too concerned with the color (white is so hard to match!) and also price and ended up with a yarn that does not lend itself to cabling. It looks fine enough, but I really want this project to be special, so it is again on hold until I can get hold of some white yarn of the same brand. Lesson learned.

In the mean time, I am once again planning too many projects when I am not ready to start anything other than the blanket.

I have a few follow up projects to the blanket, mostly pillows. One involves a lot of work with color and the other a lot of work with cables. More details when/if I decide to do them and get around to designing them.

I have a huge list of bookmarked patterns that I want to try in the future. When I have more energy I will probably link to the patterns but most are from the incredibly talented people listed at right.

I was hoping to post a few pictures of all the yarn that I have, too, but my computer refuses to read my storage disk. I have a lot of blues and greens that I wanted to show you, plus some colors that I hope to use in another project I wish to try just for you! I think it will look wonderful in your study next to your microbes.

As to your last post, I liked the Nature-ology fabrics but was drawn more to their Deja Brew collection. It reminded me of you and the light blues would work well in your living room. Your drawing is not stupid, but lovely. I think the design is simple, elegant and not too girly for the beau. Your house is so darling, and I can't wait to see how everything settles out. I am jealous. As for the house I will be moving into in maybe a month and a half, it'll do. I am still worrying about colors and how things will be situated.

I think I've just about rambled enough! More organized post some other time when I have less things to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment