Sunday, August 16, 2009

Finally! Some time to sew!

Beans! 2 posts in a weekend!! Sweet!!

OK, here's how my quilt is shaping up. Above is one of my blocks. I have no idea how I want it oriented, but I think they will be sewn "on point" to keep that diamond shape. I realized that my one Bali Pop set won't make the entire quilt I was planning, so I might just make a wall hanging or a small lap quilt. Or, I might have to order another set, I haven't decided.
The blocks are supposed to be oriented 90degrees counterclockwise from how this picure is, but I think I like them better sideways. I don't know! I think they need sashing so it's less busy; the pattern calls for more subdued prints with less contrast, so it doesn't call for sashing. What do you think? Sashing would make it larger...
GUESS WHAT ELSE! I made a cool drink coaster out of some of the scraps!
They're much prettier in person. The back is kind of funky isn't it? Still not sure how I feel about the diagonal line comin' outta the corner there...

Love,
Mooser

1 comment: