Sunday, August 23, 2009

Busy, Busy!

Hey Mooser,

I'm glad to see you have a new quilt in the works! I am so impressed by how much you always seem to accomplish. I really love the fabrics you picked out, and I agree that the blocks look much more jazzy sideways. I can see the quilt with and without sashing, but either way I would pair it with dark and rich blues. I think that the calming blues would do a lot to balance the business of the fabrics and pattern. I love the coasters, too!


I enjoy the colors in the fabric that you picked out, and I approve your decision to use batiks for my SUPER AWESOME Enterprise quilt (from the pattern at right) that you promised me. And since this is the internet, you are forever bound by that promise!

I've grown a little weary of knitting, to be honest. I keep going on the blanket, but since the rest is a bit repetitive it is harder to see the progress that I am making. I have decided on the overall layout; now I just need to finish it. Since I've already missed both deadlines I set for myself I'm feeling a tad discouraged.




Since it's still technically a "surprise" I am posting only these images:















My cat Nermal enjoying a nap on the COMPLETELY FINISHED and pieced Center Panel and cabled border, and the beginnings of a side panel, done in honeycomb with two subtle cables running up either side (not pictured).

I hope to finish it soon, but lately my wrists and fingers have been sore. I do the test you showed me for carpel tunnel often and am getting much better with doing wrist exercises I was shown during employee orientation. Carpel tunnel is one of my biggest fears.

That's all for my knitting adventures. Expect a post on the status of the house.

Love,
Beans.

p.s. I bet the rug cleaner I brought down to you is still by the front door, isn't it? Odoban will work in those things, just use it sparingly. I know there is a type of odoban (if not all odobans) that is anti- viral and microbial. It should take the smell out! I hear you made her an outdoor cat! That must be exciting. I continue to spoil and shelter my kitties.

No comments:

Post a Comment